QuickBooks error code 6190 typically occurs when multiple users try to access the company file at the same time over a network. This error indicates that the company file is not accessible over the web.
Some common causes for QuickBooks error 6190 are:
- The company file is stored in a local folder instead of a shared folder on the network
- Permissions are not set correctly for multi-user access on the folder where the company file is stored
- The network connection is slow or unstable, leading to disruption in access
- The company file is damaged or corrupted
When this error occurs, QuickBooks denies access to the company file until the issue causing the multi-user access disruption is resolved. Understanding the error and its causes is the first step to fixing it.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190
Step 1: Verify Multi-User Setup
The first step is checking whether multi-user setup requirements are met properly on the host computer (the computer where the company file is stored):
- The company file is saved in a shared folder on the host computer
- Multiple QuickBooks windows are not open for company files on the host computer
- Necessary file-sharing permissions are provided to the folder
If the multi-user setup is not configured correctly, complete the configuration first.
Step 2: Check File Access on the Network
Verify if the network connection between computers is working fine. See if other computers can access the shared company file folder.
Check if antivirus software is blocking access to the company file folder for multi-user access.
Step 3: Perform QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the Windows computer hosting the company file.
Check if the server status shows “Running” for the company file. If the server is not running, click “Start Server” and check if it fixes error 6190.
Step 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor is an inbuilt utility that scans file issues and repairs minor problems. Follow the below steps:
- Backup the QuickBooks company file
- Launch the QuickBooks File Doctor and select the company file
- Click “Check File” and let it scan and detect issues
- Click “Repair File” to fix repairs identified by File Doctor
Rerun multi-user mode and see if QuickBooks Error Code 6190 persists.
Step 5: Restore Earlier Backup
If none of the above steps works, restore the QuickBooks backup copy created before the error occurs. This will revert your company file to the previous working version.
Identify the backup copy crashing with error 6190 and restore the company file from earlier functional backup using the Clean Install process.
How To Contact QuickBooks Support +1888-656-2102
If you are still facing QuickBooks error code 6190 or cannot resolve it yourself using the troubleshooting steps, contacting QuickBooks Support is recommended.
You can contact Intuit QuickBooks customer service at their toll-free contact number: +1-888-656-2102.
Their customer support team can provide real-time assistance to troubleshoot error 6190 in detail and provide fixes to resolve this error for seamless multi-user access.
It is advisable to get expert assistance, primarily if error 6190 occurs after a Windows update, QuickBooks update, restoration of backup, or due to unknown causes. This will save you time and minimize company file corruption risks.